Sunday, May 29

Puentez Taqueria

I basically live at Puentez Taqueria for the week leading up to when I leave for school in the fall and after Winter Break.  This place is in Montecito Plaza in downtown San Rafael (what?  Is that a Trader Joe's three doors over?) off of 3rd St. and Union St. and they have pretty much ruined all other burritos for me.  It is a family-owned business and I have to wonder what they start to think of me during the week.


I am a food purist (why ruin something that is so pure and delicious even in its most simplest form), so I really really really enjoy a burrito with black beans, rice, and cheese.  Yep, that's it.  Sometimes though, when I'm feeling a bit adventurous, I'll throw caution to the wind and add a bunch of stuff.  This happens rarely.  But still, the grilled chicken, boiled chicken, guacamole, different salsas, and vegetable mix are all good.

HEAVEN

I would recommend a burrito and a cup of horchata, which is ridiculously cheap and ridiculously delicious (it is homemade).  Last time I think the whole meal cost me about $6.

horchata

If you're not in San Rafael, Gordo's (yes, this translates to "Fatty's") is somehow familially related to Puentez but they have more locations: three in San Francisco - Clement St., 9th Ave, Geary Blvd. - and three in the East Bay - Telegraph Ave., Solano Ave., College Ave.  All of these places are worth the effort and the prices are more or less the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment