Saturday, May 21

Unadulterated Guacamole

My guacamole preferences are a little strange.  I am not a big fan of chunky bits of tomato and onions and whatnot.  In my mind, that is more of a guacamole-salsa hybrid.  When I want guacamole, I want something that exploits the pure deliciousness contained in an avocado.

Unadulterated Guacamole

avocados
sour cream
salt
lemon/lime juice

Cut the avocado and put it in a bowl.  Add a dollop of sour cream and mash the avocados and sour cream together with a fork.  I usually add just the right amount of sour cream to the avocados so that by mixing them together, I achieve that weird green color of really awful 70's wallpaper.  Add a pinch of salt and some lemon or lime juice.  Taste and adjust as necessary.  I would recommend salted tortilla chips or those lime tortilla chips that are addictive and a little frightening.

pre-dinner snacks that basically became dinner

I continued getting my biannual dose of nature today.  Here's a shot of Mt. Tam:


As for an appropriate song choice, I have to go with Jarabe de Palo's "Grita".  It's a song about friendship, but I really enjoy it because I can pretend I can still speak/understand Spanish and he also just has a nice voice:

2 comments:

  1. Unadulterated goodness. Yay!
    The nature shots look amazing. Seriously, I must come out to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. COME ANY TIME

    And I'm glad you recognized your word :)

    ReplyDelete